41% smaller head
A timber deck typically requires the insertion of hundreds and sometimes even thousands of screws. Whether you are a professional installer or a do-it-yourselfer, it’s important that you select a screw that is fast and easy to install, and most importantly is reliable. Silva’s star recessed (Torx drive) stainless steel deck screws drive effortlessly into most wood types and are guaranteed to significantly reduce the installation time on any project, and by saving you time they’ll be saving you money!
- Star Drive (six point) head
- Tiny head is less noticeable on the surface of the wood
- Offers a very clean finished look
- Sharp point bites into wood for fast starts
- Serrated thread acts like a saw blade to cut through the material
- Stainless steel for ultimate corrosion resistance
Why Stainless Steel?
Stainless steel offers the ultimate level of corrosion resistance and unlike some steel fasteners it won’t react with stain causing tannins present in certain wood species like Western Red Cedar and Oak. Stainless steel is a softer metal than carbon steel and it will flex to some extent, however this is advantageous, particularly when installing hardwood decking. Wood will move slightly in service as it absorbs and releases moisture. Stainless steel screws have the ability to flex slightly as the wood moves.