Not all Western Red Cedar Shingles are alike
These Certigrade No.1 Grade (Blue Label) Shingles are treated with Osmose Naturewood. This contains preservatives that are waterborne, preservative systems developed to provide long-term protection of wood exposed in exterior applications.
The NatureWood systems are based on the well-established effectiveness of copper combined with a co-biocide, and are applied to wood by pressure treatment.
The premium grade of shingles suitable for high-end roofs and wall cladding applications. These top-grade shingles are 100% heartwood, 100% clear and 100% edge grain with no defects. Always specify Certigrade No.1 Blue Label to ensure product quality, correct grading and consistency.
Western Red Cedar shingles offer a fantastic alternative to traditional roof and wall tiles due to their durability, attractive appearance, outstanding insulation properties and ease of installation.
Used for hundreds of years, Western Red Cedar shingles have proven their durability in all kinds of climates. They can be used to create individual buildings, whether traditional or modern, and their rich, warm colour and texture blend beautifully in any natural environment. The natural effects of ageing and weathering give shingles and shakes an attractive silvery grey colour over time.
Suitable for commercial and residential projects alike, shingles and shakes provide an outstanding natural option for roofing and cladding.
- Western Red Cedar shingles breathe, providing an extra degree of ventilation
Low carbon footprint
- Shingles use the lowest energy of any roofing product
- Production emits the lowest pollution of any roofing product
Highest insulation resistance value
- Western Red Cedar shingles have a superior insulating value to other roofing products
- Buildings stay warmer in winter and cooler in summer
- 'R-Value' double that of asphalt, four times that of cement fibre
- 50+ year life expectancy
- Natural oils act as preservatives against decay and insect attack
Resilience against high winds
- Installation method provides outstanding rigidity
- 'Uplift tested' to withstand wind speeds of up to 173mph
- The only renewable roofing resource
- Other roofing produced by permanently extracting natural resources
- World recognised forest stewardship ensures true sustainability