Low level screens that extend the height of existing boundaries
A Western Red Cedar Half-Height Slatted Screen Kits is perfect for anyone wishing to extend the height of an existing boundary. Providing privacy without restricting lighting into the outdoor space, these screens create visually interesting shadow lines. Built with horizontal boards, the aesthetic appeal of this style of screen lies in its simple clean lines and appealing proportions.
Half-Height Slatted Screens are available in two different heights: 0.915m or 1.22m
Slatted screen kits include*:
- 19 x 38mm Western Red Cedar Battens
- 40 x 90mm Western Red Cedar Knotty Cedardeck (2.44m / 3.05m)
- Stainless Steel Annular Ringshank Nails
*The kit has all the material you need to make a half-height slatted screen fence. Half height kits are intended for above ground use only. Construction is simple and requires basic tools to create. Please note that posts are supplied in 2.44/3.05m lengths and will require sawing on site.
Slatted screens can enhance a garden's style with a contemporary look:
• Creates a surface with ever changing patterns of light and shadow
• Provides a wonderful backdrop for plants and foliage
• Truly versatile - slats available in a variety of widths and length allow you to create unique visual rhythms and proportions
• Simple installation methods transforms landscapes instantly
• Provide privacy without complete obstruction
• Horizontal boards are more effective at screening against wind than a solid fence
• Can provide shade without sacrificing natural light
• Define boundaries within the garden - separate relaxation areas from storage space.
A well designed and carefully built screen can provide a wonderful focal point for an outdoor space, so choosing the correct material is paramount. No other material compares to Western Red Cedar in terms of appearance, with beautiful warm colours and tight grain patterns providing a stunning natural material.
Stability is also key for slatted screens. To maintain the crisp, clean lines that are essential to the overall look of the screen it is important to choose a material that is less susceptible to warping or twisting. Being one of the most stable wood species on the planet, Western Red Cedar fits the bill perfectly.
Silva Timber's Western Red Cedar makes perfect sense:
• Highly durable and long lasting
• Exceptional stability means Cedar boards remain flat and straight
• Clear grade Western Red Cedar offers unrivalled beauty
• Being light in weight, Cedar is easy to cut and handle on site, reducing build time
• Beautiful tones and grain patterns
• A proven performer in all types of climate, so its a natural product you can rely upon