Save 10% when buying as a complete pack.
When it comes to decking there is no better material than Western Red Cedar
In addition to its stunning beauty, distinct aroma, limitless versatility and light environmental footprint, Western Red Cedar has a set of natural attributes that make it the perfect material for constructing decks and other outdoor living projects.
- Twice the stability of most commonly available wood species
- Compared to other wood species, Western Red Cedar does not shrink, swell or warp excessively, even when subjected to changes in temperature or moisture
- Lies flat, stays straight and holds fasteners tightly
- Produces long, lightweight lengths
- Fine grain with uniform textures make it easy to cut, saw and nail with common tools
- Free from pitch and resin so readily accepts wide range of wood finishes
Natural Decay Resistance
- One for the world's most durable commercially available wood species
- Lasts for decades, even in harsh environments
- Natural resistance to moisture, decay and insect damage
Cedardeck by Silva – a cut above the rest
Silva’s commitment to supplying consistent and high quality Western Red Cedar products is reflected in its 40 x 140mm Cedardeck. Our knowledge and expertise in Western Red Cedar has led us to source this stunning decking product from one of North America’s most reputable manufacturers.
When you see this product you will realise that not all Western Red Cedar decking is created equally. Silva is able to offer customers products that meet superior standards from order to order. Cedardeck meets and exceeds the Western Red Cedar Lumber Association architect knotty standards. Wane is strictly limited to one face and kept to a minimum, making the product useable for all types of projects.
Silva’s Cedardeck is the product of choice for the environmentally conscious builders or homeowners looking for a beautiful "chemical free" product at an affordable price.
Standards that set Cedardeck Architect Knotty decking apart from the competition:
- - Milled from old growth, coastal grown Western Red Cedar, ensuring consistent high quality
- - Beautifully dark, rich colour palette
- - Knots are sound and tight, allowing a maximum of two not firmly fixed knots per 3.66 lineal metres (NFF knots of ½ max size are allowed)
- - Maximum knot size: 73mm
- - Holes are not permitted
- - Wane is strictly limited to reverse face and kept to a minimum of ¼ thickness and ¼ width, making the product useable for all types of projects
- - Cedar’s natural preservatives protect against decay and insects, which means no harmful chemical treatment is required.
- - No warranty can equal Cedar’s track record and consistent performance.
- - Above all, the beauty of Cedardeck Architect Knotty decking cannot be matched by any composite or plastic decking material.
- - Silva is able to offer customers products that meet superior standards from order to order.
- - Cedardeck meets and exceeds the WRCLA architect knotty standards.
At 40mm (1 ½") this is thicker than most decking available in the UK. There are a number of advantages to using a thicker deck board. Firstly, the joists can be spaced at 600mm centres rather than the usual 400mm. This means that you will use fewer joists to construct the frame which will save both time and money. Secondly, when you come to screw the deck boards down you there will be a lot less screws to put in, again saving time and money. Finally, your deck will feel satisfyingly solid and sturdy underfoot.