The Owatrol Solid Colour stain range opens up a vast range of opportunities to coat various wood products in a wide spectrum of colours. Ideal for coating decks, cabins, cladding, fencing, screens, outdoor furniture and more, Owatrol Solid Colour Stain finishes all timber with a beautiful matt finish in the desired colour. Owatrol Solid Colour Stain has been known to last for over a decade without intensive maintenance.
As a premium finish, Owatrol Solid Colour stain is fortified with Owatrol E-B to provide unrivalled adhesion to exterior vertical and horizontal timber without extensive priming, sanding or preparation.
Owatrol Solid Colour Stain finishes to a hard-wearing stain, offering performance in high-traffic areas of footfall, or long lasting style for cladding, fences, screens and more.
The Solid Colour Stain solution provides protection against moisture damage, and the flexible, breathable solution will not peel, blister, crack or flake.
WHERE TO USE
- Exterior: cabins, decks, cladding, fences, shutters, outdoor furniture.
- Softwood, Hardwood, Tropical and Thermo Heated Wood.
- New or old wood
- Previously painted or stained wood surfaces.
PREPARATION OF WOOD
- New Wood :
- New wood often has a hard shiny surface known as mill glaze, this and the moisture content of new wood prevents the proper adhesion of any coating. Initially, apply a coat of SEASONITE, and allow wood to weather a minimum 6 months. After 6 months apply SOLID COLOUR STAIN.
- Weathered Wood - grey, blackened or stained :
- Restore and clean the wood with NET-TROL.
- If necessary sand the wood (100 grit)
- Previously coated wood :
- Strip and neutralise with NET-TROL.
- On Oak and Chestnut, manualy or mechanicaly sand the wood, dust off and wash with NET-TROL to clean. Allow to dry.
RECOMMENDATIONS BEFORE APPLYING
- Purchase sufficient product for the whole job and mix all product together before starting, to avoid colour variances.
- Stir or shake can well.
- Wood surface must be clean, dry (3 days of dry weather) and free of dirt, mildew and other contaminants before applying the SOLID COLOUR STAIN.
- Do not dilute.
- Before starting application, test the colour choice on a small area and allow to dry to determine final colour.
- Apply a coat of SOLID COLOUR STAIN.
- Allow to dry 3-4 hours.
- Apply a second coat.
- When applying by spray, always back-brush or back-roll immediately after application to ensure uniformity of colour, coverage and penetration
- Surfaces with harsh exposure to weather or traffic will wear more quickly than other areas. In these cases, clean the damaged areas and apply the product in accordance with the directions.
- Clean coated surfaces especially decks as part of a normal maintenance plan. Observing an precautions.
- Warranty 5 years on horizontal surfaces. 15 years on vertical surfaces.
- 8 to 10 m² per litre
- Actual coverage will vary depending upon the type, age and texture of the wood