Owatrol Textrol Oil is a long lasting natural looking penetrating oil for ALL exterior woods. Available in Clear, Redwood and Cedar Tones, Owatrol Textrol Penetrating Oil Finish is a high solids premium oil finish for exterior wood. Developed to penetrate deep into the wood, it provides long lasting protection against moisture damage, offers superior UV resistance, at the same time enhancing the woods natural beauty.
Clear is the perfect solution where a totally natural look is desired. Redwood Tone is the ideal colour for enhancing the natural redness and characteristics of woods such as Ipe, Balau and Mahogany while Cedar Tone works wonders on Iroko and other similar light coloured timbers.
Owatrol Textrol Oil provides a mildew resistant finish, which, because it is non-film building, will not crack, peel or flake. When Owatrol Textrol is first applied, the wood will darken to a rich matt colour. It will then gradually lighten depending on the intensity of sun exposure.
Owatrol Textrol Oil may be used on soft or hardwoods, pressure treated timber, Cedar and Redwood. It is ideal for garden decks, fences, and cladding, shake and shingle roofs, log homes and garden furniture.
Where to use Textrol:
Decks, Cladding, Shingle roofs, Fences and Garden Furniture.
Textrol Technical data
Textrol Product information
Instructions for use:
- Shake and stir Textrol well before using AND during application.
- Remove loose debris with a brush before application. Allow wood to dry thoroughly (2-3 warm days) before applying Textrol.
- Apply 1st coat of Textrol and allow to penetrate into the wood (15-30 minutes).
- Do not allow Textrol to become touch dry between coats.
- Apply 2nd coat and leave to penetrate for 10-15 minutes
- Total drying time before walking on the surface - 24-48 hours.
- For 'New Wood' treat with Seasonite and allow to weather for 6-12 months before applying Textrol.
- Once wood has been allowed to weather after applying Seasonite restore the natural colour of the wood using Net-Trol.
- After applying using a spray, backbrush or backroll to improve penetration and uniformity of coverage.
Net-Trol can be applied using any of the following methods:
- Brush on using a regular soft bristle brush .
- Spray on using a garden sprayer.
- Roller (medium pile).
Apply a single coat of Textrol every other year, or as required. If there is surface contamination or the wood has turned grey clean with Net-Trol and allow to dry prior to applying Textrol.
- 5 m2 per litre (two coats)
- 10 to 12 m2 per litre for maintenance coats
Good Application Practice:
- Protect everything you do not wish to paint, including shrubs and plants.
- Apply in dry weather conditions between 5°c and 35°c. Do not apply in direct sunlight.
- Do not apply if cold, wet weather is expected within 48hours.
- Transfer leftover Textrol to a smaller, airtight container to prevent gelling.