Careers at Silva Timber
Silva Timber is a fast growing and innovative importer and supplier of speciality timber products. Formed in 2000, the company has gone from strength to strength and is now established as one of the UK’s foremost suppliers of exterior cladding and decking to the design and build sector.
We are currently recruiting for the following position:
Administration Assistant £17,750 per annum – Vacancy No : ADMIN0319
Silva Timber is recruiting for an Administration Assistant to join our team in Widnes. The position is an ongoing temporary position at present, but may lead to a permanent position.
Silva is an importer and manufacturer of specialty timber products. The company’s core product range is wood cladding and our main target markets are architects, building contractors and self-builders. We cover the whole of the UK from two locations – Widnes in the North West and Harmondsworth in West London.
Supporting the Senior Administrator and working together closely, this exciting opportunity requires a hands-on, efficient and professional approach. This is a new position in the business and you will have the opportunity to make your mark as we increase our admin team and the service provided.
You must hold experience in a similar administrative role and be able to work efficiently in a fast paced office.
Silva has an upbeat work environment and a friendly team of dedicated staff. We will ensure that the successful candidate is well supported in their role.
Support Senior Administrator to provide an efficient and professional administration service.
This will include:
- Internet order processing
- Maintain organised filing systems using software packages
- Maintain service records for company vehicles and machinery
- Order and maintain minimum levels of stationary, packaging materials, uniform etc
- Input data accurately and maintain records efficiently
- Carry out general office duties, including filing, ad-hoc admin tasks and any other reasonable tasks, as required and instructed by the Senior Administrator
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent PC literacy, especially proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Touch typist with proven track record and experience preferable
- Ability to carry out general administration and clerical tasks to excellent standards, with limited or no supervision
- Ability to maintain files and records accurately
- Experience in organising own workload efficiently
- Work well as part of a team
- Understand and execute detailed instructions
- Good communication skills, oral and written
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and are interested in this vacancy, please email a copy of your CV, together with a covering letter to email@example.com. Please quote Vacancy No: ADMIN0319.
Closing Date: 22nd March 2019