No other material captures the look and feel of Western Red Cedar decking
Cascadia Decking is Thick
At 40mm, Cascadia is probably the thickest decking available in the UK. The extra thickness provides a number of advantages:
Fewer joists - joists can be spaced at 600mm centres rather than the usual 400mm, resulting in using fewer joists to construct the frame - saving both time and money.
Fewer screws - fewer joists means far fewer screws to insert, again saving time and money.
Solid structure - the added thickness will make your deck feel satisfyingly solid and sturdy underfoot.
Cascadia decking exhibits very little wane or other defects on the reverse of the boards making it suitable for many landscaping and building uses other than just decking. It can be used for constructing garden features such as gazebos, pergolas, play equipment etc.
Cascadia Western Red Cedar is kiln dried to a moisture content of 16-18% (+/-2%), the optimal moisture content for external decking in the UK. Among its many benefits over air drying, the kiln drying process enables the boards to dry uniformly to achieve optimum dimensional stability. It also enables immediate application of coatings and minimises site acclimatisation. Read more about the benefits of kiln dried timber.
A Complete Range of Decking Materials
Silva stocks everything you need to build a superb Western Red Cedar deck. In addition to decking, our product range includes (from the ground up) weed suppressant membrane, post bases, concrete piers, structural timbers (beams/joists), structural screws, joist hangers, connectors, stainless steel deck screws, Western Red Cedar posts and railing components , and a wide range of coatings and cleaning products.
Silva Timber: A Leading Importer of Western Red Cedar
Silva is one of the UK’s largest importers of Western Red Cedar. With direct links to some of the biggest and best primary sawmills of Western Canada we can offer a wide range of Western Red Cedar products in large volumes as well as smaller orders. If you are a manufacturer or reseller then talk to us about your Western Red Cedar requirement.
About Western Red Cedar
Western Red Cedar - the Ultimate Outdoor Wood
Western Red Cedar is synonymous with beauty and durability; however it has a number of natural attributes that make it the ultimate outdoor wood.
• Naturally durable species
• Durability Class 2 (BS EN 350:2)
• Proven life expectancy of 60+ years
• Twice the stability of most commonly available wood species
• Does not excessively shrink, swell or warp through changes in moisture or temperature
• Lies flat, stays straight and holds fasteners tightly
• Produces long, lightweight lengths
• Fine grain and uniform texture make it easy to cut, drill, sand, saw and insert screws and nails using common tools
• Readily accepts many types of wood finish due to its lack of pitch and resin
• Natural resistance to moisture, decay and insect damage
• One of the world’s most durable wood species
• Lasts for decades, even in harsh environments