Western Red Cedar Decking - Precision made by nature
Cedardeck Clear is produced for Silva by one of British Columbia’s largest and most respected primary Western Red Cedar sawmills.
Only the highest quality wood fibre is used in the production of Cedardeck Clear, so you can be assured that you are buying a consistent high grade, clear vertical grain Western Red Cedar decking product. It is sustainably sourced from well managed forests and supplied with full PEFC chain of custody certification.
A Complete Range of Decking Materials
Silva stocks everything you need to build a superb Western Red Cedar deck. In addition to decking, our product range includes (from the ground up) weed suppressant membrane, post bases, concrete piers, structural timbers (beams/joists), structural screws, joist hangers, connectors, stainless steel deck screws, Western Red Cedar posts and railing components , and a wide range of coatings and cleaning products.
Silva Timber: A leading Importer of Western Red Cedar
Silva is one of the UK’s largest importers of Western Red Cedar. With direct links to some of the biggest and best primary sawmills of Western Canada we can offer a wide range of Western Red Cedar products in large volumes as well as smaller orders. If you are a manufacturer or reseller then talk to us about your Western Red Cedar requirement.
Western Red Cedar - the Ultimate Outdoor Wood
Western Red Cedar is synonymous with beauty and durability; however it has a number of natural attributes that make it the ultimate outdoor wood.
• Naturally durable species
• Durability Class 2 (BS EN 350:2)
• Proven life expectancy of 60+ years
• Twice the stability of most commonly available wood species
• Does not excessively shrink, swell or warp through changes in moisture or temperature
• Lies flat, stays straight and holds fasteners tightly
• Produces long, lightweight lengths
• Fine grain and uniform texture make it easy to cut, drill, sand, saw and insert screws and nails using common tools
• Readily accepts many types of wood finish due to its lack of pitch and resin
• Natural resistance to moisture, decay and insect damage
• One of the world’s most durable wood species
• Lasts for decades, even in harsh environments