Create an architectural look that provides visually interesting shadow lines and texture.
A Western Red Cedar slatted screen creates an architectural look that provides visually interesting shadow lines and texture within outdoor spaces. Built with horizontal boards, the aesthetic appeal of this style of screen lies in its simple clean lines and appealing proportions.
Slatted Screens made easy
Two versions of the screens are available, with either a 1.83m or 2.44m spacing inbetween posts and a 19mm space in between each horizontal batten. Both screens are designed to provide a 1.83m high fence.
Slatted screen kits include:
- 19 x 38mm Western Red Cedar Battens (plus extra 1.83m battens to use vertically for stability inbetween posts)
- 90 x 90mm Western Red Cedar Knotty Grade Square Posts (2.44m)
- Stainless Steel Annular Ringshank Nails
The kit has all the material you need to make a standard slatted screen fence, other than concrete to set the posts. Construction is simple and requires basic tools to create.
Slatted screens can enhance a garden's style with a contemporary look:
• Creates a surface with ever changing patterns of light and shadow
• Provides a wonderful backdrop for plants and foliage
• Truly versatile - slats available in a variety of widths and length allow you to create unique visual rhythms and proportions
• Simple installation methods transforms landscapes instantly
• Provide privacy without complete obstruction
• Horizontal boards are more effective at screening against wind than a solid fence
• Can provide shade without sacrificing natural light
• Define boundaries within the garden - separate relaxation areas from storage space.
A well designed and carefully built screen can provide a wonderful focal point for an outdoor space, so choosing the correct material is paramount. No other material compares to Western Red Cedar in terms of appearance, with beautiful warm colours and tight grain patterns providing a stunning natural material.
Stability is also key for slatted screens. To maintain the crisp, clean lines that are essential to the overall look of the screen it is important to choose a material that is less susceptible to warping or twisting. Being one of the most stable wood species on the planet, Western Red Cedar fits the bill perfectly.
Silva Timber's Western Red Cedar makes perfect sense:
• Highly durable and long lasting
• Exceptional stability means Cedar boards remain flat and straight
• Clear grade Western Red Cedar offers unrivalled beauty
• Being light in weight, Cedar is easy to cut and handle on site, reducing build time
• Beautiful tones and grain patterns
• A proven performer in all types of climate, so its a natural product you can rely upon