Create an architectural look that provides visually interesting shadow lines and texture.
Slatted screens can enhance a garden's style with a contemporary look:
• Creates a surface with ever changing patterns of light and shadow
• Provides a wonderful backdrop for plants and foliage
• Truly versatile - slats available in a variety of widths and length allow you to create unique visual rhythms and proportions
• Simple installation methods transforms landscapes instantly
• Provide privacy without complete obstruction
• Horizontal boards are more effective at screening against wind than a solid fence
• Can provide shade without sacrificing natural light
• Define boundaries within the garden - separate relaxation areas from storage space.
A well designed and carefully built screen can provide a wonderful focal point for an outdoor space, so choosing the correct material is paramount. No other material compares to Western Red Cedar in terms of appearance, with beautiful warm colours and tight grain patterns providing a stunning natural material.
Stability is also key for slatted screens. To maintain the crisp, clean lines that are essential to the overall look of the screen it is important to choose a material that is less susceptible to warping or twisting. Being one of the most stable wood species on the planet, Western Red Cedar fits the bill perfectly.
Silva Timber's Western Red Cedar makes perfect sense:
• Highly durable and long lasting
• Exceptional stability means Cedar boards remain flat and straight
• Clear grade Western Red Cedar offers unrivalled beauty
• Being light in weight, Cedar is easy to cut and handle on site, reducing build time
• Beautiful tones and grain patterns
• A proven performer in all types of climate, so its a natural product you can rely upon
Cowichan Gold Boards are smooth on one side and both edges, and have a SAWTEX® textured finish to the rear.