Create a premium contemporary look with visually interesting shadow lines and texture
Silva Timber's slatted screen kits provide you with all you need to make a stunning horizontal fence solution. Simply measure your boundary line, then choose the kit which is closest to your requirements. Battens can be easily sawn with simple tools should a particular kit not fit your design exactly. Built with horizontal boards, the aesthetic appeal of this style of screen lies in its simple clean lines and appealing proportions. Premium slatted screen kits are available in lengths up to 3.05m for fewer joins for a consistent appearance.
Utilising C & Better Grade Western Red Cedar trim boards which are planed smooth on 4 sides, a Western Red Cedar premium slatted screen creates an architectural look that provides visually interesting shadow lines and texture within outdoor spaces.
Three versions of the screens are available, allowing for flexibility with spacing in between posts and a 19mm space in between each horizontal batten. Screens are designed to provide a 1.83m high fence.
Premium slatted screen kits include:
- 19 x 38mm Western Red Cedar trim boards - planed smooth on 4 sides for premium appearance
- 90 x 90mm Western Red Cedar knotty grade square posts (2.44m)
- Stainless Steel Annular Ringshank Nails
The kit has all the material you need to make a standard slatted screen fence, other than concrete to set the posts. Construction is simple and requires basic tools to create.
Slatted screens can enhance a garden's style with a contemporary look:
• Creates a surface with ever changing patterns of light and shadow
• Provides a wonderful backdrop for plants and foliage
• Truly versatile - slats available in a variety of widths and length allow you to create unique visual rhythms and proportions
• Simple installation methods transforms landscapes instantly
• Provide privacy without complete obstruction
• Horizontal boards are more effective at screening against wind than a solid fence
• Can provide shade without sacrificing natural light
• Define boundaries within the garden - separate relaxation areas from storage space.
A well designed and carefully built screen can provide a wonderful focal point for an outdoor space, so choosing the correct material is paramount. No other material compares to Western Red Cedar in terms of appearance, with beautiful warm colours and tight grain patterns providing a stunning natural material.
Stability is also key for slatted screens. To maintain the crisp, clean lines that are essential to the overall look of the screen it is important to choose a material that is less susceptible to warping or twisting. Being one of the most stable wood species on the planet, Western Red Cedar fits the bill perfectly.
Silva Timber's Western Red Cedar makes perfect sense:
• Highly durable and long lasting
• Exceptional stability means Cedar boards remain flat and straight
• Clear grade Western Red Cedar offers unrivalled beauty
• Being light in weight, Cedar is easy to cut and handle on site, reducing build time
• Beautiful tones and grain patterns
• A proven performer in all types of climate, so its a natural product you can rely upon