Silva Timber's Western Red Cedar makes perfect sense
19 x 38mm Western Red Cedar Battens are a versatile product suitable for a range of purposes. Often used for framing fences, trellis and acting as trim to hide fixings, battens have also recently become highly desirable for creating slatted screens and horizontal fencing.
Silva's Battens are made from C & Better Clear Grade Western Red Cedar, offering a light & durable board to work with. Stability is also key when working with timber. To maintain the crisp, clean lines that are essential to the overall look of your project it is important to choose a material that does not warp or twist. Being one of the most stable wood species on the planet, Western Red Cedar fits the bill perfectly.
Silva Timber's Western Red Cedar makes perfect sense:
• Highly durable and long lasting
• Exceptional stability means Cedar boards remain flat and straight
• Clear grade Western Red Cedar offers unrivalled beauty
• Being light in weight, Cedar is easy to cut and handle on site, reducing build time
• Beautiful tones and grain patterns
• A proven performer in all types of climate, so its a natural product you can rely upon
19 x 38mm Western Red Cedar Battens are Surfaced with a light texture on 4 sides.. The surfacing process provides uniform width and thickness tolerances.
Western Red Cedar Battens from Silva Timber are often left unfinished to naturally weather to a stunning silver-grey colour. Alternatively, a solid colour or translucent natural toned finish can be applied. The application of a finish will help prevent staining caused by mildew and extractives and will increase the service life of the timber.