- Ensure wood surface is clean, free from dust and loose fibre and dry.
- Existing paints, coats and varnishes must be removed prior to application
- If possible, apply initial coat to all sides of the wood before installation when protecting new wood.
- For hardwoods with an especially high oil content, leave to weather for about 2-3 months.
Osmo Bangkirai Oil application instructions
- Osmo Bangkirai Oil is ready to use from the tin.
- Ensure finish is stirred well
- Use a stiff nylon brush or soft cloth and apply a thin coat evenly and thoroughly along the wood grain.
- Wipe any excess fluid away once finished
- Leave for approximately 12 hours, then apply second coat as above.
Osmo paints dry through oxidation - therefore require good ventilation to dry. Approximately 10-12 hours should be expected per coat.
Make sure furniture is thoroughly dry before putting into use.
Osmo Bangkirai Oil provides a very simple surface to clean. Simply use a moist cloth. Particularly difficult stains can be removed with Osmo Liquid Wax Cleaner.
Always refer to the packaging and relevant safety information before using Osmo Bangkirai Oil
For full protection against timber weathering, cracking, swelling and shrinkage, use with Osmo End Grain Wax to seal the end grain of the wood.
Containing a high quantity of pigments and oils, Osmo wood finishes leave a stunning surface finish after just one or two coats, without the need for a primer or base coat.
This means you can achieve near to double the square meter coverage with just one tin compared to an ordinary finishing system.
When It comes to the Osmo paint range, no pre-priming is required, saving time and money.
No sanding required
Osmo natural wood finishes can be simply recoated without the need for sanding. This also allows for users to touch up small areas quickly